JOIN A TALENTED TEAM OF FINANCIAL AND TECHNOLOGY MARKET LEADERS
Our team members receive comprehensive health care and we pay 100% of your premiums so that everyone on our team is taken care of.
Get a 401K plan with generous matching so all team members start saving for their future when they work with us.
All team members save money traveling to and from work with pre-tax dollar commuter benefits.
Every team member earns ownership in the company through unit awards.
All employees receive generous paid vacation and personal time-off so that you can enjoy a great work/life balance.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
Desktop Support Engineer
The candidate will report to the Vice President of STP and Trade Support, and a key aspect of the role is to take as many projects as possible off of his/her manager’s plate. The OpenDoor culture values employees who view each challenge as an opportunity, take ownership of their assignments, and bring them to a successful conclusion with a minimum of oversight. That said, the candidate must know how to escalate when appropriate.
Requirements / Responsibilities
Candidate must have 5+ years experience in desktop support with a proven track record of:
- Configuring hardware/software, including desktop computers, laptops, and desk phones for new users
- Working with supplier or vendor when external support is required
- Deploying desktop updates to 25+ onsite users
- Supporting common user peripherals (business cell phones, etc.)
- Candidate must have the ability to admin Windows and MAC Operating Systems
- Candidate must have a general understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Candidate must have a general understanding of Google Suite with an emphasis on Gmail and Google Drive
- Candidate must have awareness of and ability to research corporate security issues
- Candidate’s normal work day is 8:00 am through 5:30 pm, Mon – Fri
- Candidate must be willing to provide after-hour support and/or weekend support when needed either in the office or on-call
- OpenDoor does not pay overtime
- OpenDoor does, however, offer discretionary bonuses
- Ownership: candidate must take ownership of each assignment and see it through to a complete and successful conclusion. Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as work in a team environment.
- Problem solving: candidate must have the ability to assess a problematic situation and provide a solution.
- Communication: candidate must be able to listen accurately even when users cannot express exactly what’s wrong. Candidate must be able to provide answers in a way that non-technical users can understand.
- Prioritization: candidate must be able to prioritize work so as to deal with the most pressing issues quickly, while keeping end-users satisfied with the overall level of support. Candidate must be able to escalate when in doubt or overwhelmed.
- Eagerness to Learn: OpenDoor’s technology environment is in constant flux. Candidate must be able to view this as an opportunity to support new technologies quickly.